The reason why Porsche Panamera is a wonderful car
Porsche's catalog value is accurate, whateverThere are cases where a better numerical value may appear than the catalog valueAnd previously wrote it on a blog. At that time, I knew a bit that Porsche tested in harsh death valley, but the other day"The preliminary test of the new Porsche 911 Carrera really reached 3 million kilometers"I was surprised to find an article saying.
..., 3 million kilometers (; ゚ Д ゚)
Because it seems that the distance of the equator which can be called the stomach of the earth is 40,075 km,"Test driving distance is about 70 laps of the earth"Is that it? Such content was written in the article.
The 911 series always"High performance" and "daily life"As a car that realizes both of these, we are repeatedly testing severely to further improve comfort. In particular,
① In summerDeath Valley exceeding 50 degrees CelsiusMaintaining the air conditioning system, engine engine thermal management, influence of thermal expansion etc
②Finland of minus 35 degreesThe operating situation at cold start, general traction, handling and brake performance, response speed of control system as a whole, etc.
③ Circuits in China andRough Road in the Arctic RegionTest with.
④NürburgringAt the comprehensive test of chassis, engine, transmission, brake etc.
⑤Nardo of Italy(Porsche has the current ownership of Nardo Circuit)Stability and cooling performance at the highest speed region, etc.
⑥ The second lowest elevation in the Western Hemisphere, Death Valley'sAbout 90 meters below sea level in dry salt lakeTake data in the place called
⑦Thin air at 4300 m above sea level in Colorado, The test to confirm the efficiency of energy regeneration and the status of fuel system
As a result, it seems that the mileage of the test vehicle has reached 3 million kilometers.
It's amazing ... I'll do that ... / /.I was surprised by the couple in the smoothness of the ride comfort by testing the new CayenneEven so, if you are in Cayenne, you will probably repeat the tests while off-road and road conditions are bad, so it seems natural that surprisingly comfortable ride on the road will be surprising.
And suddenly"What is Panamera's test run like?"I was concerned. Since 911 is a model representing Porsche, it may be particularly powerful for test driving, but then, in the case of Panamera in our home ...?
What is the driving test of Panamera?
When I looked it up on the net, I found a page that introduced the harsh testing environment to Porsche Japan's site!
Panamera challenging the criticality. It produces the highest quality from suffering. With such an extreme motto, the next Panamera will take a final shakedown with the sand, dust and gravel covered in the southern African burning earth.
"Bullying Panamera to that extent ..." Phrase (bomb) which Panamera seems even poorly from the beginning somehow is 971 Panamera's"Testing in harsh dry areas"It is an article that covered the state of the situation, but in the text"Testing on land already already in extreme cold is over"As it is written, as in 911, it seems that the tests are repeated every corner from the burning land to the extremely cold ground.
By the way, the main part which changed from 970 to 971,
· Newly developed 4 liter V8 engine
· Lightweight by improving aluminum usage rate
· Sporty design with lower roof line than previous generation
· Luggage compartment capacity expansion, interior space is also wider
- New ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) handled by 13 control devices
That seems to be the place. Including such newly designed parts, all of them"Whatever harsh circumstances, it will not work properly, will it continue to work?"In order to check and further improve the test run like this time will be carried out. And such content was written at the beginning.
There is still room for improvement in the feel of activating the switches of the center console, and some of the hardness remains in the upshifting operation from 2nd gear to 3rd gear. Okay will not come out from the development manager in this.
Feeling of activating the switch and somewhat hardness of the shift-up action ....
If I were responsible for development"Everyone has worked well well, we are closing in on the market, we are already around, we are here, yeah, yeah, I worked hard, OKOK!"It seems to be easy to say ... If you are not perfect, do not give out OK. The responsibility of the development manager and the pride of the engineer who improves it are really amazing.
By the way, it seems that Porsche engineers are preparing and preparing for the vehicle test like this time, the following is a summary of the contents.
· Head toward the summit of the mountain in the burning earthRunning up a steep slalom, there suddenly a brakemultiply. Then Panamera stopped completely in just a few seconds. The first test is successful.
· Today's test isRun through a 600 km country roadthing. The scorching sun gently strikes the body, the vehicle becomes covered with sand and dust for a moment, and in that stateCorresponds to coarse asphalt road surface full of holes and the rapidly changing climate.
· Test drivingCumulative number of hundred thousand kmAs well.
· Today's route isHeight above 3000 m above sea level. Although we simulate harsh conditions in advance in Weisach, there is nothing better than real warfare.In the field of development "truth is on the road" has been said.
· The operation of the 8th speed Porsche · Doppel Cuving (PDK) is smoother than before.While traveling through the heat of burning at a speed of 120 km / h, a comfortable drive is realized with little running noise heardConfirm what you can do. Gear setting of 7th to 8th gear is devised to suppress fuel consumption, and average fuel consumption is remarkably improved.
· The test crew speeded up at a stretch. In this test, the legal speed exceeded, the certificate containing the contents is also issued.
· Numerous holes opened on the road inevitably attack the air suspension and low profile tire, and every time the body shakes violently, the dust rolls up. As long as the road surface is rough, the drivers just face forward and concentrate on the drive.
Even if we arrive at the local hotel after dark, after the test running like this kind of demon, the test staff from there,We are working on problem solving until late at night, and we will finally go to bed after having seen the complicated prototype guidelines for hours.Amazing ... If I were you, it will not be long after going back to the hotel, but it will be a full explosion during the test run (-_-)
Panamera, you are right.
Finally, it was written about the person who is the general manager of Panamera model range, Derner, like this.
Delonar reviews the feedback received from each crew again and looks back on today's test. What is unsatisfactory detail? And how to optimize it. We are already simulating testing from tomorrow.
No, it is already. Until now"There are people to do Porsche test runs"I heard that,
"Yeah, I can drive a favorite car, and it is Porsche" If this is not good, that's no use, "it would be great to get a salary!"
I thought ... There was a misunderstanding as well. Even though I am involved in the development of my favorite Porsche, I can not do such a tough job like this.
I mean"Let's never be a person who runs in such a harsh environment with Panamera"I thought reading and reading articles,"I think that Panamera's customers are not going to run such a bad road, but there are not many weaknesses that will make it apparent because they are tested in such a bad environment."There was a word of an engineer who talks about.
Sorry. Panamera ... It should not be a good car. By the way I will go on a trip from Panamaera to Kyushu Amakusa from today. Although I used a ferry on the way to and from the island, I was saying that I would like to touring around Aso, but the weather forecast is unfortunately rainy.(I am a rainy woman, a foggy, I have not anticipated it since there is not a sunny day)I'm looking forward to riding Panamera after a long absence!
* Article · Image Source:"Porsche harsh dry zone" - Porsche Japan
Follow this blog if you like!
Comment ( 2 )
Trackbacks are closed.